You may reach me (or my answering machine!) by phone most weekday afternoons at 281-486-4747. Note this is an old-fashioned land line and does not accept texts. Please don't call before 10 AM or after 10 PM Central Time.
To pay for services or books via credit card, use my Autographed Copy page.
Sign up for my FREE Science Snacks newsletter where I discuss one cool science fact or news item (the "snack") in each issue that I think other writers and readers of science fact & fiction will enjoy. I will also announce new publications & appearances where I hope to meet subscribers! Sign up using this pop-up form or the one in the right-hand column. View previous newsletters.
- Second Mondays. Houston Science Fiction/Fantasy Writers Meetup.
- Saturday, May 20, Author visit to Woodridge Forest Middle School, Porter, TX. Speaking to 8th graders about their Future in Space.
- Saturday, May 28, Speaking at Gulf Coast Mensa Regional Gathering: Crowne Plaza Northwest-Brookhollow, 12801 Northwest Freeway, Houston. Open to public.
- Sunday, May 29, Attending Space City Comic Con at NRG Center in Houston.
- Saturday, June 18, panels 10-11 am & 1-2 pm. Comicpalooza, GRB Convention Center, Houston.
- Saturday, June 25, Mars talk & teacher workshops, Center for Earth and Space Science Education, Tyler Junior College.
2016: Radio interview, "From the Houston Spaceflight Center to Mars; the Journey of Marianne Dyson," aired on March 22, on MSONEWSSPORTS.com.
2016: Featured in an article by Brian Albrecht in the Cleveland Plain Dealer, print copy January 31, and online February 1.
2015: I was on Silicon Valley Voice KKUP Radio on October 7. My segment is during the second hour after the interview with The Martian author, Andy Weir.
2015: I was on Irish radio September 26: Futureproof The Martian to discuss living on Mars. My segment is about 15 minutes into the show with hosts Lara Dungan and Ian Brunswick.
2011: I was a guest on NPR "To the Point" July 8, hosted by Warren Olney about the impact of the last Space Shuttle Flight. The entire show is available for listen or download, but my part starts about 14 minutes in, so I broke it up into four WMA files in order: Me & Architect Thom Mayne, Mayne & Astronomer Jonathan McDowell, and Me & McDowell.
2011: I'm a member of the SCBWI-Houston Chapter and one of the authors in this YouTube video from our 2011 conference.
2008: I moderated a panel on the Future of the ISS at the National Space Society's International Space Development Conference on May 30 which was broadcast on CSPAN. Watch the video on the NSS Web site.
2008: As part of NASA's 50th anniversary, I was a guest on The Space Show with Dr. David Livingston on Nov. 11. I discussed the first five Shuttle flights, including the fire in Mission Control. Listen to show.
2000: When I won the Golden Kite Award for my first book (Space Station Science), I was interviewed on Cynthia Smith's Children's Reading Resources.
To contact the Clear Lake Area National Space Society and Moon Society chapter, see www.mdyson.com/nss.html.
To contact 4Frontiers Authors, see www.mdyson.com/4mars.html.
Books by Marianne Dyson.