You may reach me (or my answering machine!) by phone most weekday afternoons at 281-486-4747. Note this is an old-fashioned land line and does not accept texts. Please don't call before 10 AM or after 10 PM Central Time.
I love to hear from fans, especially budding young scientists, but I had to block comments on my blog because of spam. So please send all author visit, critique/editing, reprint requests, or comments about my work to M at mdyson.com. Note that Facebook Chat is NOT a good way to contact me. I do NOT have messenger on my phone or use it when traveling.
If you have a PayPal account, you can pay me via my email address above and avoid fees for both of us. Otherwise, use the PayPal buttons on my Book Orders page to pay via credit card. And THANK YOU!
- Saturday, April 21, 8 AM-4 PM. Selling and signing books, new and used, at the Clear Lake Community Association Garage Sale.
- Saturday, April 28, 10 AM-2 PM, volunteer for the Grand Opening of Exploration Green.
- May 4-6, May the Fourth Celebration, induction into the Nevada Space Center Hall of Fame. Speaking about Science and Science Fiction on Friday evening, attending the dedication of the Nevada Challenger Center Redfield Mission Control and giving a Keynote Address on Saturday.
- Saturday, May 12, noon-4:30 PM. Speaking on "How to Publish a Book" at Houston Writers House event. Register here.
- Tuesday, May 15, 9-10 AM Passion for Space, 10-11 AM, Children's program, Laredo Public Library.
- Tuesday, May 22, author visit to The Westview School.
- May 25-27, panelist, book signing, Comicpalooza, George Brown Convention Center, Houston. On two panels Friday.
- Thursday, June 7, vendor fair participant, Setting the Trend, Librarians as Leaders conference. Clear Falls High School, 4380 Village Way, League City, TX.
- September 21-23, Science GOH at FenCon XV in Dallas. See their website for program details. Writer GOH is Larry Niven.
Houston Meetings I Attend
NASA JSC retirees can be contacted through the NASA Alumni League-JSC Chapter of which I am a member.
Read the best (Nebula nominees & winners) in new science fiction chosen by the Science Fiction & Fantasy Writers of America of which I am a member.
Houston space enthusiasts, please join the Clear Lake Area National Space Society and Moon Society Meet-Up of which I am a member.
Future Martians, check out The Callahan Kids: Tales of Life on Mars which includes two of my stories from a girl's perspective.