You may reach me (or my answering machine!) by phone most weekday afternoons at 281-486-4747. Note this is an old-fashioned land line and does not accept texts. Please don't call before 10 AM or after 10 PM Central Time.
To pay for services or books via credit card, use my Book Orders page.
Sign up for my FREE Science Snacks newsletter where I discuss one cool science fact or news item (the "snack") in each issue that I think other writers and readers of science fact & fiction will enjoy. I will also announce new publications & appearances where I hope to meet subscribers! Sign up using this pop-up form or the one in the right-hand column. View previous newsletter via my blog.
- Second Mondays. Houston Science Fiction/Fantasy Writers Meetup.
- Fourth Tuesdays, 6:30 PM, The Black Labrador on Montrose (at Richmond), Houston Writers House.
- Fourth Thursdays, 7 PM, Clear Lake Park, Bay Area Writers League (BAWL) monthly meeting.
- Tuesdays, October 18-December 13, 4:30-5:30 PM, teaching an after-school 8-week course called “Write Now!” for ages 10 and up (parents and adult writers welcome). Through a series of exercises and critiques, students will learn how to craft a story and pursue publication. Course meets at St. Thomas the Apostle in Nassau Bay. To register, contact the school and ask for the Enrichment Coordinator. Cost is $200.
- Wednesday, October 19, presenting “Ready for launch?!” at Harvard Elementary School’s Literacy Night. Students will learn what it feels like to go into space and check out a scale model of the International Space Station.
- Monday, November 14, guest on The Space Show with Dr. David Livingston to discuss 35th anniversary of STS-2’s landing, experiences as one of the first female flight controllers, and efforts to encourage young people to consider STEM careers.
To contact the Clear Lake Area National Space Society and Moon Society chapter, see www.mdyson.com/nss.html.
To contact 4Frontiers Authors, see www.mdyson.com/4mars.html.