You may reach me (or my answering machine!) by phone most weekday afternoons at 281-486-4747. Note this is an old-fashioned land line and does not accept texts. Please don't call before 10 AM or after 10 PM Central Time.
To pay for services or books via credit card, use my Book Orders page.
Sign up for my FREE Science Snacks newsletter where I discuss one cool science fact or news item (the "snack") in each issue that I think other writers and readers of science fact & fiction will enjoy. I will also announce new publications & appearances where I hope to meet subscribers! Sign up using this pop-up form or the one in the right-hand column. View previous newsletters.
- Second Mondays. Houston Science Fiction/Fantasy Writers Meetup.
- August 17-21, MidAmeriCon II, the 74th Science Fiction Worldcon, Kansas City, MO. My schedule follows.
- Friday, August 18, 1-2 pm signing at SFWA table in Exhibit Hall; 4-5 pm room 2201 "The Real Martians," Want to go to Mars in fact or fiction? Scientists and writers who have researched this topic will share their knowledge of the dangers and adventures awaiting you on the Martian frontier, with me (Moderator), Geoffrey A. Landis, Nick Kanas, Richard Stoddart, Les Johnson. Then at 9-10 pm, I'll host a "Night Sky Viewing Party," and then lead a trip outside (weather permitting) with 70 mm binoculars to share constellation stories, find the Apollo landing sites (and the 2001 obelisk?) on the Moon, and say hello to Mars and Saturn.
- Saturday, August 20, 10-noon, attending SFWA business meeting; 2-4 pm SFWA suite volunteer.
- Sunday, August 21,11-noon, room 2209, "Next Year at 100k," 2016 has been a banner year for commercial "new space", but 2017 might be even better. What's the status of suborbital tourism? Will SpaceX get into that game? Lower cost space access technologies are coming on line for tourism and other space development efforts. Reusability is the new catchword. I'll discuss some of the developments and potential pitfalls ahead with Henry Spencer (M), G. David Nordley, Mitchell Burnside Clapp, William Ledbetter.
To contact the Clear Lake Area National Space Society and Moon Society chapter, see www.mdyson.com/nss.html.
To contact 4Frontiers Authors, see www.mdyson.com/4mars.html.